Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sources - Great White Fleet

Naval History and Heritage - This source was helpful in finding an itinerary of the trip to help figure out the order of the places the fleet went. It was a good place to start to figure out what trips to research.

Cruise of the Great White Fleet - This site was helpful in figuring out some details about where the fleet went and some of the things they did while in those places. I used it mainly as a guide to search elsewhere.

Library Of Congress - I used this source to find a primary source newspaper telling about the Great White Fleet. I also found the names of all of the ships, their special features, and the Captains of each from this source.

The Eagle and the Kangaroo: The Great White Fleet's Visit to Australia by David Stevens (from AVL) - I used this source to get a few details about the Great White Fleet's visit to Australia. It helped me set a date for my post card and helped set up a story for the arrival in Sydney.

Naval History - This website gave a lot of important details and helped me with dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment